Friday, May 9, 2014

Food Project Reflection #5 (absent)

When I was learning about Ben and Jerry's ice cream I really wanted to focus on where the milk came from and what was in it. I really never really though anything about what I eating and where it was coming from. Milk is a large part of many dairy items that I happen to enjoy, especially Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from B&J.
It opened my eyes to the mechanization of harvesting milk from cows and how they are treated, as well as the fact that they don't like to waste anything and their product and customers happiness is number 1. This wasn't surprising as when I went on the tour of B&J in Waterbury, VT it was shown just how much they cared about the perfection of their product. The workers there are treated fairly and who wouldn't love to work somewhere where there is unlimited ice cream in plenty of flavors. They are an eco-friendly company as VT doesn't add much to pollution in America since it is quite a rural state.

No comments:

Post a Comment